Header Ads Widget

Effective Ways To Maintain Your Joy And Peace During The Storm

Beyond the storm

 "Never be in a hurry, do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Never lose your peace for anything whatsoever even if your whole world seems upset.

                                     –Saint Francis de Sales

On numerous occasions, it's been discovered that a person relates more with people whom he or she feels understand them and has gone through what they are experiencing currently than people who only have head knowledge of what it feels like. Trial and storms are best explained by someone who has had a taste of what is like to go through it, which is why I will be sharing the story of my test of faith and stormy moments with you in this blog post.

It was a bright and beautiful Sunday (just like every other one but its memories I will forever hold dear), with perfect weather; even the sun seemed to be smiling at me. I was so sure I would have a great time at the fellowship that day; with my clothes ironed to taste, my Bible and my instruments of worship packed in my bag, and not forgetting to wear a smile–I made my way to the fellowship.

A few blocks to the fellowship I received a call. That one call birthed months of waiting and solely depending on God to do what only He could do.

It was a call from my mum telling me to forfeit the admission and come back home–yes you read that right. She said I should come back home not because she didn't desire that I should further my education but situation and reality of not being able to raise the school fees before the deadline made her make such a decision.
 
Family, friends, and loved ones may give us advice based on their knowledge of what is good for us but the ultimate decision lies with us. No matter how we look at it or argue about it, the serpent only sowed the seed of bad advice in the heart of Eve in the garden of Eden but she watered it and allowed it to blossom in her heart till she put the thought into action. That's why when going through the test of faith or challenges be mindful of your company, if faith comes by hearing then doubt too comes by what or who we listen to...

That day, after I ended the call it was as if a cold bucket of water was poured on me. It seemed all my dreams of being a graduate and wearing the youth corps uniform ( which was the biggest motivation for furthering my education then) were been shattered right before me, my legs could barely support my weight as I felt weak all of a sudden.

I remember getting to church and all I could do was shed tears and ask God for a miracle.

God did show up and performed a miracle, the fees were paid even before the deadline. But it didn't happen immediately, I waited as a groom awaits his bride, day in and out I was expectant though it seemed foolish to do so after my parents had given their verdict. It wasn't easy I must confess; I almost gave in to pressure– I am human after all; but 2 things held my faith in place and kept me going with joy and a blessed assurance: WHAT I HEARD AND WHAT I SAW.

I knew what God had said concerning my education and I knew the revelation I had seen from His word and His spoken words to me. They weren't my imagination or thoughts; they were too real to me for any crisis to make them appear false. God was too faithful to fail that I was so confident of, so while waiting I kept reminding Him of those promises till I saw them materialize.

The season of trials is not the time to wallow in self-pity or depression- you will be giving the devil undue satisfaction by doing that; instead, it's a time to fasten your gaze to Him who's able to bring to pass all that He had said and with joy and peace that only His spirit could give navigate through that storm.
His words are His bond, He might not be committed to your emotions but He is committed to His Word.

Look beyond the storm, what do you see? 

Do you see yourself emerging as a Victor after the storm or a loser?

Do you see a man whom nations gather to listen to his words due to the experience he had from surviving the most terrifying storms? My story is a product of a storm I passed through and overcame by God's grace; don't you want the same? Don't throw in the towel!

Don't be in hurry, it may seem time is not on your side but as far as God is on your side be sure that time can be redeemed.

Storms are temporary they can't stand the test of time but God's Word is ever true and sure- let it be your anchor as you sail through that storm and your peace and joy will be secured in Him.